In an effort to keep our children safe, child abuse clearances are required for ALL volunteers through the PTA or in the school. Please complete these clearances checklist below and submit copies to the office. Any questions, please contact the school at (570)348-3683.
• Volunteer Application form
• PA Child Abuse Clearance
• PA State Police clearance
• FBI Clearance (PA Resident less than 10 years) OR Waiver (applies only if PA resident for 10 or more years)
• Act 34 – Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check – FREE FOR VOLUNTERS - When you access this site click on “New Record Check (Volunteers only)”. Upon completion, click on “Certification Form” and print your document. This is the way to get your clearance without delay. https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
• Act 151 – Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification – FREE FOR VOLUNTEERS - If you choose to submit via paper, please note your results could be delayed by a few weeks. Please consider submitting your information on-line to speed up the process of obtaining this clearance. https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
• Act 114 – FBI Criminal History Record Check - $27.00 - Apply for your clearance online through Pennsylvania Department of Education. https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pde.htm Print your Registration ID and take it to one of the locations listed to be fingerprinted. Once fingerprinted, a response from the background check will be mailed to you within 10 days. That document needs to be submitted to Prescott Elementary School.
• After obtaining your clearances, please submit them to the secretary of Prescott Elementary School.